2008年1月6日 星期日

I Am Legend 2?


I am somewhat surprised by this news, but considering how money hungry Hollywood is, I know I really shouldn’t be all that surprised. ShockTillYouDrop.com got some very interesting news recently about the possibility of a sequel to last month’s box-office breaking hit, ‘I Am Legend.’
The good folks at
ShockTillYouDrop give us this news:
An inside source, who wishes to remain anonymous, tells ShockTillYouDrop.com author Richard Matheson has signed off on sequel rights for the smash hit I Am Legend. Matheson wrote the original 1954 novel upon which Francis Lawrence’s film is based.
Okay, so the good news about this is that the sequel may NOT happen. (Something I am crossing my fingers for.) Now, I saw ‘I Am Legend’ a couple of weeks ago. Half way into the movie, I was crying none stop (something very rare for a movie to make me do) and I thought Will Smith gave Oscar worthy performance in a movie that didn’t deserve it. Without giving too much away, if they were to do a sequel to the movie, after the events in the first installment, I can tell you that I would NOT be interested.
The CGI was crap. (Made the special effects in ‘The Mist’ look spectacular) I do not care to see more fake looking vampires…oops I mean, flesh-eaters (They should be f*cking vampires, damn it!) take over the world. The first ( and hopefully only) film was fine and should be left alone. I wish studios would realize that just because a movie made a sh*tload of money at the box office, does not necessarily mean people will be lining up to see a sequel.
Then again, that just might be me. What about you guys? Would you see ‘I Am Legend 2?’ (Note: Please giving a warning when posting spoilers in the comment section!
)

沒有留言: